9PX UPS Lithium Ion FAQs
Yes, we will see a lower PF at 3kVA range. It will be 2400 watts @3000VA. BUT when adding an EBM we do see this increase to .9(or 2700W). Early on, in the project, decision was made to keep this UPS at 2U vs 3U. The decrease PF was the sacrifice.
Lithium Iron Phosphate(LiFePO4) -LFP
VRLA (lead acid) batteries used on standard 9PX have been optimized over many years and even though the demand for Li-Ion is increasing, an important price gap remains, for now. Upfront cost of the Li-Ion version is higher but longer life and longer warranty coverage need to be taken into account in a complete TCO approach.
We believe in lithium-ion technology. However, we do believe there will continue to be places where VRLA is more suitable and expect to offer a balance of VRLA and lithium-ion solutions even as we continue investing in longer life battery solutions.
The longer lithium-ion battery life of the UPS (2-3x battery life vs VRLA) can eliminate the cost of procuring replacement batteries as well as the labor cost for in-person battery replacement. So, while it is true the capital expenditure is higher for lithium-ion, the lower OPEX costs can offset the up-front investment for many customers.
The operating temperature range is the same as standard VRLA models: 0 to 40°C or 32 to 104°F.
No, the 9PX Li-Ion models have additional communication capabilities (i.e., BMS) which VRLA units do not, so it’s not possible to upgrade standard units to Li-Ion.
Eaton 9PX UPS Lithium Ion
Delivering premium backup power and scalable battery runtimes for servers, voice/data networks and storage systems, the Eaton 9PX UPS is the ideal solution for both rack and stand-alone installations. An ENERGY STAR® qualified UPS, the 9PX’s graphical LCD interface and robust power management software makes managing your UPS easy — even in virtualized environments.
Features & Benefits
- Enables you to customize UPS settings, view load and power consumption information through the graphical interactive LCD interface.
- Fully integrates with Intelligent Power Software Suite for continuous up time of servers and virtual machines.
- Provides more real power (watts) to protect more equipment and leave room for expanding IT systems.
- Delivers added runtime with extended battery modules and extends battery service life by 50% with ABM technology.
- Cuts energy usage and costs with ≥93% efficiency rating in normal mode
- Maximizes availability with extended battery runtime options, hot-swappable batteries, internal bypass and optional maintenance bypass.
- Helps save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient operation (ENERGY STAR® qualified UPS).
- Split-phase models offer both 120V and 208V output without a transformer; saving vertical rack (U) space, weight and cost.
Contact Us about Eaton 9PX UPS Lithium Ion
|Power Rating||7010VA – 11kVA|
|Voltage||208V and 120/208V|
|Color||Black & Silver|
|Diagnostics||Full system self test at power up|
|Rail Kit||4-post rail kit and tower pedestals included; Optional 2-post rail kit available, part number: RK2PC|
|Remote emergency power off (REPO)||ROO and RPO: Rear deck emergency stop connectors (for remote on/off and power off)|
|Input Voltage Range||Full load: 176-276V, Derating: 100-276V|
|Default voltage||9PX5K and 9PX6K: 208V. 9PX6KG: 230V|
|Frequency range||60 Hz: 50–70 Hz, 50 Hz: 40–60 Hz|
|Input Power Factor||>.99|
|Input Current Distortion||<5%|
|Circuit breaker||(2) 20A for L6-20R|
|Power ratings NEMA 5 kVA||200/208/220/230/240V: 5000 VA/4500 watts|
|Power ratings NEMA 6 kVA||230/240V: 5400 watts|
220V: 5100 watts
208V: 4800 watts
200V: 4600 watts
|Power ratings IEC 6 kVA||200/208/220/230/240V: 6000 VA/5400 watts|
|Nominal Voltage||208V default (200/208/220/230/240V)|
|Output Voltage Regulation||±1% steady-state|
|Efficiency||93% with resistive load|
|Transfer time||0 ms|
|Optional extended battery module (EBM)||9PXEBM180RT|
|Maximum number o EBMs||Add up to 4 EBMs|
|Battery Description||Sealed, lead-acid; maintenance free|
|Battery Management||ABM technology; 3-stage charging extends battery service life by 50% and provides advance warning for battery replacement|
|Battery Replacement||Hot-swappable internal batteries and EBMs|
|Start-On-Battery||Cold-start enabled; first cold start is always forbidden|
|User Interface||Graphical display. UPS status in a single view.|
|LEDs||4 status-indicating LEDs|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 (RJ45) ports; USB port as standard (HID). 6-foot RS-232 and USB cables included|
|Communications Card Slot||Network Card-MS included|
|Power Management Software||Eaton Intelligent Power Software Suite CD (included)|
1. Due to continuous product improvements, program specifications are subject to change without notice.