In the event of an outage, two options exist to continue providing power to the UPS load: lithium-ion batteries and a flywheel system. While more expensive than lithium-ion batteries, flywheel systems offer many benefits, including:
- limited required maintenance
- 20-year design life
- the ability to operate in high temperature environments
- and 90% reduced carbon footprint when compared to batteries
Be sure to talk to our team about which solution fits your needs most appropriately.
Eaton 9155 Marine UPS
The Eaton 9155 Marine UPS is DNV-GL type approved, BV type approved, and ABS design assessed (up to 15 kVA). With its compact design and internal batteries, the Eaton 9155 Marine UPS is ideally suited to applications requiring high power density and a small footprint.
Features & Benefits
- The compact design of Eaton 9155 Marine UPS, with internal batteries, saves valuable space in ship and rig installations.
- The Eaton 9155 Marine UPS (up to 15 kVA) is DNV-GL type approved, BV type approved, ABS design assessed and is easy to install and maintain.
- It has the industry’s highest availability and reliability, which is achieved with HotSync paralleling technology that enables paralleling of up to four Eaton 9155 Marine UPSs for additional capacity or redundancy.
- Reliable backup is further enhanced with Advanced Battery Management (ABM) and by using Eaton’s innovative three-stage battery charging system, which significantly extents battery lifetime.